* Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-06-15 20:11 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2016-06-15 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

The Gnus I'm writing this on is git gnus last updated in February 2015.

My plan right now was to pull down the latest Git Gnus made, see if it
worked for me, and then put Ted's latest gnus-cloud.el in there and see
how it worked out (I'm not ready for git emacs yet).

But http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git/ was gone:
 sb@host:~/git/gnus$ git pull
 fatal: repository 'http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git/' not found
 sb@host:~/git/gnus$

Has the repository been intentionally shut down? Or did it just die on
its own?  Has the latest git gnus been preserved somewhere else?

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-06-15 20:28 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-06-15 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar writes:

> Has the repository been intentionally shut down? Or did it just die on
> its own?  Has the latest git gnus been preserved somewhere else?

It was shut down when Gnus development moved to the GNU Emacs repository.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Fish swim, birds fly,                                       Adam Sjøgren
  daddy's yell, mama's cry                               asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-06-15 20:31   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-06-15 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam writes:

> Steinar writes:
>
>> Has the repository been intentionally shut down? Or did it just die on
>> its own?  Has the latest git gnus been preserved somewhere else?
>
> It was shut down when Gnus development moved to the GNU Emacs repository.

See also:

 · http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/86704

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Python looks to me like the illegitimate spawn of C         Adam Sjøgren
  and BASIC, but then I used to program in 6502 machine  asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-06-15 21:48     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2016-06-15 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Adam writes:

>> It was shut down when Gnus development moved to the GNU Emacs repository.

>  · http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/86704

If someone reading this list took a copy of the latest version of the
repo, could I get a clone of it, please?

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-06-15 22:12       ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-06-15 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar writes:

>> Adam writes:

>>> It was shut down when Gnus development moved to the GNU Emacs repository.

>>  · http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/86704

> If someone reading this list took a copy of the latest version of the
> repo, could I get a clone of it, please?

I think this includes everything:

 · https://koldfront.dk/git/gnus-obsolete/

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Let's have a pointless round of applause."                  Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-06-15 22:16         ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2016-06-15 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I think this includes everything:

>  · https://koldfront.dk/git/gnus-obsolete/

Thanks!

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-08-02 15:14         ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-08-02 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: ding

asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) 께서 쓰시길,
 《記事 全文 <87ziqmje3a.fsf@tullinup.koldfront.dk> 에서》:

> [...snip...]
> I think this includes everything:
>
>  · https://koldfront.dk/git/gnus-obsolete/

Dear Adam,

Sorry for late. Also i am interested in the latest Gnus of ding. Because
my emacs (the latest snapshot 25.x) had some problem. So i get back
emacs 23.x on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS. In Emacs 23.x, i can not connect to
google SMTP. That is why i need Ma Gnus. Some before i did review commit
logs of nnimap.el and tls.el at above site by android smartphone. After
2013 year, that had several changes.

At my chromebook (Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS), i tried as below:

   "git clone https://koldfront.dk/git/gnus-obsolete.git"

But failed to fetch. It seems your server don't like me T^T.

Is there a way to get the Ma Gnus source code?

Thanks for Advance!

--
^고맙습니다 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-08-02 15:29           ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-08-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Byung-Hee writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) 께서 쓰시길,

>>  · https://koldfront.dk/git/gnus-obsolete/

>    "git clone https://koldfront.dk/git/gnus-obsolete.git"
>
> But failed to fetch. It seems your server don't like me T^T.

It doesn't like when you misspell the URL. You tacked on a ".git".

Try with the URL I wrote instead :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Jeg kan godt lide den hvor Cobber starter!"                 Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-08-02 15:40             ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-08-02 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) 께서 쓰시길,
 《記事 全文 <87poprur3y.fsf@tullinup.koldfront.dk> 에서》:

> Byung-Hee writes:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) 께서 쓰시길,
>
>>>  · https://koldfront.dk/git/gnus-obsolete/
>
>>    "git clone https://koldfront.dk/git/gnus-obsolete.git"
>>
> ... You tacked on a ".git".

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

--
^고맙습니다 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-08-03  6:05               ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-08-03  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Now i did install Ma Gnus in Ubuntu 12.04.5 (My Chromebook).
It take times about 12 hours. Because i did not read README in first
time. So i failed and failed and over failed and tired so i gave up. (In
first i just M-x byte-compile, one by one. It was so hard work). For a
while i did eat something, and i did re-try. Then i read the
README. Very easy Oh my got! Just it says "./configure && make"
Wow!. Finally i do all byte-compile the elisp codes with dependency. The
README save me. Thanks README. Thanks Lars! Thanks Adam! Thanks Gnus Dev
Teams! Thanks for everyone to like Gnus!

(A few minutes ago i checked my private mail by reading IMAP of
Gmail. But all mails are spam. HaHaHa T.T. Though i'm Happy because i
got The latest Gnus (Ma Gnus -- 真 Gnus). Wow!)

Sincerely,

--
^고맙습니다 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: Has git.gnus.org repo been shut down?
@ 2016-08-03  9:36                 ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-08-03  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"Byung-Hee HWANG "(황병희)"" <soyeomul@doraji.xyz> 께서 쓰시길,
 《記事 全文 <87oa5abd62.fsf@alex.chromebook> 에서》:

> Now i did install Ma Gnus in Ubuntu 12.04.5 (My Chromebook).
> It take times about 12 hours. Because i did not read README in first
> time. So i failed and failed and over failed and tired so i gave up. (In
> first i just M-x byte-compile, one by one. It was so hard work). For a
> while i did eat something, and i did re-try. Then i read the
> README. Very easy Oh my got! Just it says "./configure && make"
> Wow!. Finally i do all byte-compile the elisp codes with dependency. The
> README save me. Thanks README. Thanks Lars! Thanks Adam! Thanks Gnus Dev
> Teams! Thanks for everyone to like Gnus!
>
> (A few minutes ago i checked my private mail by reading IMAP of
> Gmail. But all mails are spam. HaHaHa T.T. Though i'm Happy because i
> got The latest Gnus (Ma Gnus -- 真 Gnus). Wow!)
>
> Sincerely,

For these records, i did make github. At there i uploaded my dot files
for Gnus. Really i'm happy ^^ If Somebody ask me what is Gnus? I give
them "Gnus is <眞 Operating System> made by elisp."
(眞 == 真, both means "true heart", i guess.)

My dot files: https://github.com/soyeomul/Gnus

Thanks!

--
^고맙습니다 감사합니다_^))//