From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: wrong unread count after INBOX change
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 19:08:20 +0800	[thread overview]

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

>>> I'm seeing the same thing, but I can still edit using 'G c' (edit
>>> through customize interface). Unfortunately it does not change anything:
>>> as soon as I 'M-g' on it I get back the same active sexp.
>>>
>>> I also tried removing the "modseq" sexp, to no avail.
>>
>> Oops, that was the only weapon in my arsenal. I suppose you might
>> consider just removing the server and re-adding it. I don't know what
>> else can be done.
>
> Even this does not work: there is some data cached somewhere, and gnus
> is using it.
>
> What I did:
> - replace the select-method by nnnil
> - relaunch emacs and gnus
> - put back the select-method
>
> and all is back as it was before.
>
> How can I really remove a server from gnus (as in, get rid of all the
> cached data for that server)? Is this when I delete .newsrc?

Oh man, I don't think you should ever delete .newsrc -- you mean
.newsrc.eld, right? That will wipe out all the data for all your
servers. And your IMAP server settings probably aren't kept in the other
.newsrc file at all. You might open .newsrc.eld and look in
`gnus-newsrc-alist', and just see if the deleted server is still in
there somewhere. But even then I would go editing that file.

Was the IMAP server agentized? I suppose that could result in some data
being cached...