On Wed, Nov 21 2012, Julien Cubizolles wrote: > I recently discovered (and tried successfully) > gnus-notifications. However the popups it uses are big (and ugly) > standard gtk windows and not the nice OSD ones used by other > notifications (volume/wifi/battery). I was under the impression that it > would use the standard notification method, as gnus-desktop-notify > (another gnus notification tool) does. gnus-notifications relies on Freedesktop notifications API: http://developer.gnome.org/notification-spec/ I don't know about gnus-desktop-notify. It seems it uses the `notify-send' program, which should do the same. -- Julien Danjou /* Free Software hacker & freelance http://julien.danjou.info */