* Error on leaving Gnus group
@ 2011-02-06 14:36 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-02-06 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Danjou; +Cc: ding

When I type "q" in the Gnus summary buffer to leave the group, I now
obtain the following backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No 1.0 specs in (vertical 1 (group 1 point))")
  signal(error ("No 1.0 specs in (vertical 1 (group 1 point))"))
  error("No 1.0 specs in %s" (vertical 1 (group 1 point)))
  gnus-configure-frame((vertical 1.0 (group 1 point)))
  gnus-configure-windows(group force)
  gnus-summary-exit()
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-exit nil nil)

This problem was introduced by this change:

2011-01-28  Julien Danjou  <julien@danjou.info>

	* gnus-win.el: Remove dead function gnus-window-configuration-element.
	(gnus-all-windows-visible-p): Remove old compatibility code.
	(gnus-window-top-edge): Add docstring.

If I put the "old compatibility code" back into
gnus-all-windows-visible-p, the error is not signalled.  Dunno what the
"old compatibility" refers to; I don't have much in the way of Gnus
customization, and using a fresh .newsrc.eld file gives the same error.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?  If not, I can try making a test case.