From: Leonidas Tsampros <ltsampros@upnet.gr>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: nnimap group contains no messages error
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:45:58 +0300	[thread overview]

>>> Doing `M-g' increased my message count to 370 which is the total number
>>> of messages of the INBOX.
>>
>> More details: After having the message count to 370 I entered the group
>> and I could see all of my mail as new (the Answered flags were set
>> correctly). Upon exiting the group without selecting any article, the
>> message count dropped back to 248. Eventually, I did a 'c' in the group
>> and after that everything went back to normal.

Restarting Gnus after the above process, the initial problem reappears.

> Oh, darn.  I forgot to say that you were to post the output from the
> "*nnimap <server> ..." buffer, too, so I could debug what was
> happening.  It's too late now...

Reproduced again on another group on the same server as before:

Initially I got the message/error (group contains no messages error) as
described in the first post. These are the *nnimap <server> * buffer
logs:

* 10 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* FLAGS (%Seen %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Draft $MDNSent)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (%Seen %Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Draft $MDNSent)] Permanent flags
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 68340] UIDVALIDITY value
217 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed.
* 1 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 1)
* 2 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 2)
* 3 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 3)
* 4 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 4)
* 5 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 5)
* 6 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 6)
* 7 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 7)
* 8 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 8)
* 9 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 9)
* 10 FETCH (FLAGS (%Seen) UID 10)
218 OK FETCH completed.

Then I did  M-g and then G E. The output of that is:
("nnimap+server:INBOX/bugzilla" 3 nil
 ((active 1 . 10)
  (seen
   (1 . 10)))
 "nnimap:server")

The output of the *nnimap server* buffer is almost the same apart from
the numeric tags of the RESPONSES (217 and 218 become 223 and 224).

Is that more helpful?