* namazu search results in gnus
@ 2010-06-22  7:29 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2010-06-22  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I've managed to index all my mail through namazu, and am able to search
mail from the command line with no problem. Using nnir within gnus,
however, searches produce results, but the results are displayed
incorrectly.

Basically, the search finds the correct messages, and displays one
summary line for each message, but the contents of each summary line are
blank. The date shows Jan 1, 1970, and both the from field and the
subject field are blank. If I select the message it thinks for a bit and
then tells me it couldn't select the message, because it's blank. The
nnml file name is correct, though, so I can always remember the file
name, go back to the group, hit "j" and find the right message that way.

At one time this worked, but later I blasted my ~/Mail dir, re-imported
all my messages, re-indexed with mknmz, and now this…

When I did that I juggled primary and secondary select methods: ie nnml
had been my primary and nntp a secondary; now it's the other way around.
I don't suppose that could have changed anything?

The relevant portion of gnus.el looks like this:

(require 'nnir)
(setq nnir-search-engine 'namazu
      nnir-namazu-index-directory (expand-file-name "~/Mail/namazu/")
      nnir-namazu-remove-prefix (expand-file-name "~/Mail/")
      nnir-mail-backend gnus-select-method)

Any advice appreciated!

Eric

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-06-22  7:29 UTC | newest]