* mysterious "PGP Signed Part:Failed"
@ 2009-10-20  7:52 Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2009-10-20  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm running Emacs 22 (22.3.1) as included in the current Debian testing
and the Gnus (5.11) which comes with it.  Signing, encrypting and
verifying OpenPGP messages usually works fine.  My .emacs contains the
following relevant lines:

;; Sign messages by default
(add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)
(setq pgg-encrypt-for-me t)
(setq pgg-default-user-id "some@address")
(setq gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/encrypted" "multipart/signed"))
(setq mm-decrypt-option 'known)
(setq mm-verify-option 'known)
(setq mml1991-use 'pgg)
(setq mml2015-use 'pgg)

Now sometimes there is a problem when verifying messages.  It seems to
occur in emacs sessions which have been running for quite some time
(possibly only after the machine has been suspended at least once).  The
problem manifests itself in the PGP-button at the top of the message
saying

[[PGP Signed Part:Failed]
(pgg-text-mode)]

for any signed message.

Restarting emacs brings back normal behavior and the signed messages are
verified correctly again (for some time at least).  Restarting gnus
alone does not help.

No error messages are sent to *Messages* and I'm quite clueless how to
debug this.  I would be grateful for any hints.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-10-20  7:52 UTC | newest]