* "undisclosed recipients"
@ 2007-03-22 18:28 Sebastian P. Luque
From: Sebastian P. Luque @ 2007-03-22 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: bbdb-info

Hi,

I frequently use bbdb's mail-alias field to send email to a list of
recipients.  However, I can't find how to use these without disclosing all
addresses to individual recipients.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb

* Re: "undisclosed recipients"
@ 2007-03-23  0:16 ` Phil Jackson
From: Phil Jackson @ 2007-03-23  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian P. Luque; +Cc: ding, bbdb-info

"Sebastian P. Luque" <spluque@gmail.com> writes:

> I frequently use bbdb's mail-alias field to send email to a list of
> recipients.  However, I can't find how to use these without disclosing all
> addresses to individual recipients.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Erm... the bcc field, unless I'm mis-understanding what you are asking?

Cheers,
Phil

* Re: "undisclosed recipients"
@ 2007-03-23  0:38   ` Sebastian P.Luque
From: Sebastian P.Luque @ 2007-03-23  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bbdb-info; +Cc: ding

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:16:55 +0000,
Phil Jackson <phil@shellarchive.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

> Erm... the bcc field, unless I'm mis-understanding what you are asking?

What I'd like is some way to enter the addresses (in this case from
expanding a mail-alias field from bbdb) in the To: *or* *Bcc* fields, and
tell gnus to not to disclose the addresses.  I remember I could just check
a box to do this way back when I was on M$ Windows.  It may have simply
moved the addresses to the Bcc: field in that case, so you may be right.
Thanks.

--
Seb

* Re: "undisclosed recipients"
@ 2007-03-23  0:57     ` Phil Jackson
From: Phil Jackson @ 2007-03-23  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian P.Luque; +Cc: ding, bbdb-info

Sebastian P.Luque <spluque@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:16:55 +0000,
> Phil Jackson <phil@shellarchive.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Erm... the bcc field, unless I'm mis-understanding what you are asking?
>
> What I'd like is some way to enter the addresses (in this case from
> expanding a mail-alias field from bbdb) in the To: *or* *Bcc* fields,
> and tell gnus to not to disclose the addresses.  I remember I could
> just check a box to do this way back when I was on M$ Windows.  It may
> have simply moved the addresses to the Bcc: field in that case, so you
> may be right.

I'm afraid that's impossible with bog standard SMTP. Exchange (an MS
"email" server) will allow same site aliases which is maybe what you
used.

Cheers,
Phil

* Re: "undisclosed recipients"
@ 2007-03-23  3:35     ` Charles philip Chan
From: Charles philip Chan @ 2007-03-23  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian P.Luque; +Cc: ding, bbdb-info

On 22 Mar 2007, spluque@gmail.com wrote:

> What I'd like is some way to enter the addresses (in this case from
> expanding a mail-alias field from bbdb) in the To: *or* *Bcc* fields,
> and tell gnus to not to disclose the addresses.

What do you mean? Expanding in the bcc field is exactly what you
want. I do it all the time in Gnus.

Charles

--
printk(KERN_EMERG "PCI: Tell willy he's wrong\n");
        linux-2.6.6/arch/parisc/kernel/pci.c

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: "undisclosed recipients"
@ 2007-03-26 20:02       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-26 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bbdb-info; +Cc: ding

On 2007-03-23, Charles philip Chan said:

> On 22 Mar 2007, spluque@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> What I'd like is some way to enter the addresses (in this case from
>> expanding a mail-alias field from bbdb) in the To: *or* *Bcc* fields,
>> and tell gnus to not to disclose the addresses.
>
> What do you mean? Expanding in the bcc field is exactly what you
> want. I do it all the time in Gnus.
>
> Charles

I mean what are the bugs. If there are so many, maybe a bug fix
release should be issued.

Regards,