* Gnus distribution
@ 2006-05-15  8:49 Alexander Kotelnikov
From: Alexander Kotelnikov @ 2006-05-15  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

Where can I get precise instructions, how do I get current stable and
development branches of gnus (what are cvs tags)

Is CVS still the primary version control system or a transition to
arch was performed.

What are statuses of tarballs at http://gnus.org/dist/ ?

Thanks,
--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia

* Re: Gnus distribution
@ 2006-05-15 11:20 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-05-15 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Miles Bader

See <http://gnus.org/distribution.html>, "CVS Access".

> how do I get current stable

This is the "v5-10" branch.

> and development branches of gnus (what are cvs tags)

The trunk ("HEAD").

> Is CVS still the primary version control system or a transition to
> arch was performed.

CVS is the primary version control system.  There's an arch repository
maintained by Miles Bader (Cc-ed), but I don't know the current
location.

Miles, maybe you could send Larsi some lines about the arch repository
to be included in <http://www.gnus.org/resources.html> or
<http://www.gnus.org/distribution.html>?

> What are statuses of tarballs at http://gnus.org/dist/ ?

Gnus 5.10.8 (gnus-5.10.8.tar.gz = gnus.tar.gz) is the most recent
stable release.  No Gnus 0.5 (ngnus-0.5.tar.gz = ngnus.tar.gz)  is the
most recent development release.

See also (info "(gnus)Gnus Versions") and
<http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.announce/>.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus distribution
@ 2006-05-17  0:19   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2006-05-17  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> CVS is the primary version control system.  There's an arch repository
> maintained by Miles Bader (Cc-ed), but I don't know the current
> location.

The archive is "emacs@sv.gnu.org":

    http://arch.sv.gnu.org/archives/emacs

The Gnus branches are:  emacs@sv.gnu.org/gnus--devo--0
                        emacs@sv.gnu.org/gnus--rel--5.10

The archive is signed, so -- assuming you've already got tla setup to
verify signatures -- you should probably make gpg auto-fetch keys from
pgp.mit.edu.  You can do this by putting the following in your
"~/.gnupg/gnupg.conf" file:

   keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu
   keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

-Miles
--
"An atheist doesn't have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there
can't be a god.  He only has to be someone who believes that the evidence