* Reporting spamming/protecting against spamming on USENET
@ 2004-12-14 21:40 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2004-12-14 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted!

Can your package report spam to anyone on USENET?  Ie. is there a
cancelling agency somewhere that takes tips?

I'm trying to read gnu.emacs.help, and it would feel more satisfying
if my `M-d's were to help others (like the gmane ones eventually
will (again)).

Does the spam package work for USENET?  Or is it email only?

The manual has this from your sample file:
     ;; all NNTP groups
     ;; autodetect spam with the blacklist and ham with the BBDB
     ((spam-autodetect-methods spam-use-blacklist spam-use-BBDB)
     ;; send all spam to the training group
      (spam-process-destination . "nnimap+mail.lifelogs.com:train"))

     ;; only some NNTP groups, where I want to autodetect spam
     ((spam-autodetect . t))

But I don't understand how this releates to USENET or the NNTP
backend...?  Unless `spam-autodetect-methods' is something that's NNTP
only?  The manual entries for `spam-autodetect-methods',
`spam-use-blacklist', and `spam-autodetect' doesn't seem to indicate
that it is...?