* Using u-appt.el with Gnus?
@ 2004-10-02  7:38 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2004-10-02  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone tried using u-appt.el from this webpage
	http://de.geocities.com/ulf_jasper/emacs.html
with Gnus?

What u-appt.el does, is to provide functions to parse a buffer as
Outlook and Notes appointment messages, and adding them to you Emacs
diary.

I tried using it on an Outlook message in an agentized nnimap group
(thanx to Kevin) right now, but nothing seemed to happen.

All I've done so far, is to
	M-x load-library RET u-appt RET
and do
	M-x u-appt-check-outlook RET
in an article buffer containing an Outlook appointment.

* Re: Using u-appt.el with Gnus?
@ 2004-10-09 16:55 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2004-10-09 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Has anyone tried using u-appt.el from this webpage
> 	http://de.geocities.com/ulf_jasper/emacs.html
> with Gnus?

> What u-appt.el does, is to provide functions to parse a buffer as
> Outlook and Notes appointment messages, and adding them to you Emacs
> diary.

> I tried using it on an Outlook message in an agentized nnimap group
> (thanx to Kevin) right now, but nothing seemed to happen.

The reason nothing happened, was that the Outlook appointment
invitations that I receive, have a different format than the one
expected by the u-appt-check-outlook function in u-appt.el.

I think what I'm getting emails from, is English language Outlooks,
running in a Norwegian locale.  Ie. English keywords, but Norwegian
formats on date and time.

I've sent my diffs to u-appt.el, to the u-appt.el maintainer, with the
hope that my case isn't too peculiar to include them.

But now the hard part is to get this function to be run automatically
on new invitations.  See the thread with the subject "Find tick state
from gnus-article-prepare-hook?" for more on this.