* Evaluating long To: and Cc: headers
@ 2004-09-10 13:31 Elias Oltmanns
From: Elias Oltmanns @ 2004-09-10 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everybody,

it took me two full days now to get an idea of how Gnus works and to
which extent it might fit my needs. To be honest, I got the feeling
that I could be quite excited about the features of Gnus if it just
sorted my incoming e-mails the right way I want it to do. The
respective part of my .gnus looks like this:
(setq nnmail-split-methods
      '(("Bonnet" "^\\(To:\\|Cc:\\).*oltmanns@stw-bonn\\.de")
        ("zettelwi" "")
       )
 )

This seems to work properly in most cases. However, while feeding my
old mails to Gnus in order to test the method and to archive them the
Gnus way, some mails to oltmanns@stw-bonn.de were stored in
zettelwi. All of them had quite long address lists in their To: or Cc:
headers and my address was rather at the end of those lists. So my
question is whether just the first part of those headers (up to a
certain and surely redefinable limit) is matched to the given regexp
while evaluating nnmail-split-methods.

In short of course: How can I fix this problem?

Thank you very muc in advance.

Regards,

Elias

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-10 13:31 UTC | newest]