From: Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Oort 0.15 vs Courier-IMAP 1.7.0
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:46:11 -0800	[thread overview]

> Chad House <chadh@pobox.com> writes:
>
>> I recently upgraded to a combination of ognus 0.15 and Courier-IMAP
>> 1.7.0 (from ognus 0.05 and courier-imap 1.4.1).
>>
>> While various other IMAP clients (Mutt, Mozilla Mail, and the Mac OS X
>> Mail.app) seem happy with the new Courier-IMAP, ognus 0.15 no longer
>> updates the IMAP groups in the *Group* buffer when I hit `g'. `M-g' on
>> an IMAP group like my INBOX works, however. (Yep, `g' is still bound
>> to `gnus-group-get-new-news').

This is exactly the same problem I have been having for months.
Well, except I don't know what the Courier-IMAP version is (and
neither does the sysadmin -- apparently there is no version number
stored in the binary).

Chad: Try M-: (gnus-group-get-new-news t), I bet that will update the
counts correctly.

> Can you provide a *imap-log* (see `imap-log') output generated by
> starting gnus, sending mail to a mailbox, pressing g and noting that
> it doesn't notice the new mail, and then press M-g on that mailbox?  I
> suspect a server bug.

I sent you an imap-log buffer about a month ago but never heard back,
did you get it?

zw