* Displaying a message with a full-screen summary buffer
@ 2001-01-29 18:22 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2001-01-29 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

After using a version that was retrieved from cvs last time about half
a year ago (and had version number 5.8.7), today I did cvs udpate -r
v5-8-8. In that version, if I opened a group full screen, went to a
message somewhere down on the screen, and pressed RET on it, the
screen split, the message showed up, but the summary was not scrolled
to the current message in the now much smaller summary window - so
that the cursor was parked on a completely different message from the
one that was displayed in the message buffer.

I posted this bug once already about a year ago - 06 Jan 2000, with
subject "New in Gnus v5.8.3 - display problems". Unfortunately, I do
not remember exactly when the issue got resolved - but it did, because
my 5.8.7+ version worked just fine.

Also, when I did cvs update -A just now, and got gnus oort version
v0.01 instead of 5.8.8, the bug disappeared.

Any ideas?

Oort Gnus v0.01
XEmacs 21.2  (beta42) "Poseidon" [Lucid] (i686-pc-cygwin) of Fri Jan 26 2001 on LUCY

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Displaying a message with a full-screen summary buffer
@ 2001-01-29 19:16 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-01-29 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> After using a version that was retrieved from cvs last time about half
> a year ago (and had version number 5.8.7), today I did cvs udpate -r
> v5-8-8. In that version, if I opened a group full screen, went to a
> message somewhere down on the screen, and pressed RET on it, the
> screen split, the message showed up, but the summary was not scrolled
> to the current message in the now much smaller summary window - so
> that the cursor was parked on a completely different message from the
> one that was displayed in the message buffer.

It is a bug in 5.8.8 because of the incompatibility between Emacs and
XEmacs.  I've checked in a fix for V5-8 branch. You can do `cvs update
-r V5-8' if you prefer the stable branch.

> I posted this bug once already about a year ago - 06 Jan 2000, with
> subject "New in Gnus v5.8.3 - display problems". Unfortunately, I do
> not remember exactly when the issue got resolved - but it did, because
> my 5.8.7+ version worked just fine.

They are different bugs.

> Also, when I did cvs update -A just now, and got gnus oort version
> v0.01 instead of 5.8.8, the bug disappeared.

Of course, it has been fixed in the CVS head.

ShengHuo

--
(setq gnus-posting-styles '((".*" (signature-file "~/.signature"))))

* Re: Displaying a message with a full-screen summary buffer
@ 2001-01-30 17:32   ` Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2001-01-30 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you.

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > After using a version that was retrieved from cvs last time about half
> > a year ago (and had version number 5.8.7), today I did cvs udpate -r
> > v5-8-8. In that version, if I opened a group full screen, went to a
> > message somewhere down on the screen, and pressed RET on it, the
> > screen split, the message showed up, but the summary was not scrolled
> > to the current message in the now much smaller summary window - so
> > that the cursor was parked on a completely different message from the
> > one that was displayed in the message buffer.
>
> It is a bug in 5.8.8 because of the incompatibility between Emacs and
> XEmacs.  I've checked in a fix for V5-8 branch. You can do `cvs update
> -r V5-8' if you prefer the stable branch.

<snip>

--
Cheers,
-Dima.