* Common "base" face for gnus-group-* and gnus-summary-*?
@ 2016-02-01 22:37 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2016-02-01 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Seems to me that, in order to tune the way your gnus looks, it takes an
inordinate amount of fiddling with faces because they have no common
bases.  Would it make sense to, e.g. make all the gnus-summary-* faces
inherit a "gnus-summary" face, and maybe make all "gnus-summary-low-*"
faces inherit a "gnus-summary-low" face, etc.

?

--
-Dave

* Re: Common "base" face for gnus-group-* and gnus-summary-*?
@ 2016-02-06  5:27 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-06  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: ding

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

> Seems to me that, in order to tune the way your gnus looks, it takes an
> inordinate amount of fiddling with faces because they have no common
> bases.  Would it make sense to, e.g. make all the gnus-summary-* faces
> inherit a "gnus-summary" face, and maybe make all "gnus-summary-low-*"
> faces inherit a "gnus-summary-low" face, etc.

Yeah, I think that sounds like a good idea.  Patches welcome.

* Re: Common "base" face for gnus-group-* and gnus-summary-*?
@ 2016-02-07 15:55   ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2016-02-07 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

on Fri Feb 05 2016, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

> Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:
>
>> Seems to me that, in order to tune the way your gnus looks, it takes an
>> inordinate amount of fiddling with faces because they have no common
>> bases.  Would it make sense to, e.g. make all the gnus-summary-* faces
>> inherit a "gnus-summary" face, and maybe make all "gnus-summary-low-*"
>> faces inherit a "gnus-summary-low" face, etc.
>
> Yeah, I think that sounds like a good idea.  Patches welcome.

Sad fact: I am constrained by my employer from contributing code to
arbitrary open source projects.  I will help in every way I can, but
unfortunately that way is not an option for me.

--

@ 2016-02-07 16:32     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-02-07 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dave writes:

> Sad fact: I am constrained by my employer from contributing code to
> arbitrary open source projects.

[Looks a calendar... yes, it does say 2016]

--
 "Literate programming is a very personal thing. I            Adam Sjøgren
  think it's terrific, but that might well be because    asjo@koldfront.dk