From: Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Kill all messages in buffer
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:24:20 +0200	[thread overview]

Igor Sosa Mayor wrote:

> Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> writes:
>
>> Are you looking for gnus-summary-catchup-and-exit?  This is bound to
>> "c" by default.
>
> thanks for your answer. Yes, I know the function
> gnus-summary-catchup-and-exit. But, if I am not wrong, the idea of
> 'killing' is that the threads are not shown any more, whereas with 'c'
> the topic can appear again in the summary buffer.

I see.  But ‘C-k’ (gnus-summary-kill-same-subject) that you mentioned in
your original message AFAIK doesn't do more than ‘c’ either.  New
messages in these threads will keep appearing.

> I just want to say gnus the following: "I am not interesting in all
> these threads anymore. don't show them anymore in the future".

I find such functionality very useful as well.  It would entail some
risk of missing interesting stuff, but this should be more then
outweighed by missing less interesting stuff in new topics.

Please keep us updated if you manage to get this to work in some way!

Christoph