* Custom group or topic parameters
@ 2014-05-13 13:31 Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-05-13 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

[ I have sent this message before, but it does not seem to go through
despite the gmane authorizer telling me it "will be posted within ten
minutes".  So I am trying it again.]

Hello,

Is there a way to set custom group parameters? What do I mean by
"custom"? A custom group parameter would simply be parameter that is not
yet defined by gnus (e.g. foo is no documented group parameter).

The followup question to this: How do I access the group parameters in
message mode?  I want to do certain things based on the parameters of
the group I was "in" when I started to compose a new mail thus entering
message mode.

The concrete functionality I want to achieve is outlined by this
example:

Group Parameters for group "org.group.example":
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  ((subscribed . t)
   (to-list . "foo@example-list.org")
   (lang . "en_GB"))
#+END_SRC

And then somewhere in a message-mode hook:
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (ispell-change-dictionary (gnus-get-group-param 'lang))
#+END_SRC

Note, a function like "gnus-get-group-param" is what I was referring to
in the second paragraph.

Regards,
--
Alexander Baier