From: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Mail splitting doesn't work with already read emails (IMAP)
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 19:20:26 +0100	[thread overview]

> On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 18:47:31 +0200, Francis wrote:
>
>> Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Yes this is exactly what I'm looking for except that I can found this
>                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^
>> I meant: "I can't find...."
>
> It is mentioned here:
>
>  * "Splitting in IMAP" - http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_209.html

Adam,

thanks, yes, it *is* mentioned there but the point, I think, is that
this variable does *not* seem to exist and a grep of
nnimap-split-predicate in gnus/lisp/*.el does not find it (in fact, grep
of -predicate and then search for split in the results also finds
nothing).

Have you actually used this variable?

Further, even if it did exist, the documentation simply says what the
default value is but not what values it can take.  Does this assume an
intimate knowledge of IMAP flags or something similar?  If so, a link to
a listing of these would be useful.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1 + No Gnus v0.16