* auth-source unnecessary prompting
@ 2011-02-20  5:44 nyc4bos
From: nyc4bos @ 2011-02-20  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I like the way that auth-sources is evolving and
would like to make a suggestion:

I think that it should not prompt for information
that was already defined.

In my `gnus-secondary-select-methods' I already
define (nnimap-server-port 993) so I rather not
see the prompt:

Enter port for nyc4bos@:(143 993 imap imaps 993) (TAB to see the
choices):

It should just honor its value (or at least be configurable to
do so).

I DON'T want this entry to be in a .authinfo.gpg file, EVER, so
this means I have to type 993 evry time when I already defined
it as such.

Thanks.