* issues with read-only summary buffers
@ 2011-02-07 21:18 Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2011-02-07 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

So, a [long] while back I upgraded (to
f20fa68cc7faa7a6b5d3a89592040852b06203b3) and also switched from XEmacs
to Emacs (which is a story in itself).  Ever since then when I responded
to certain mail messages (without a pattern I could find) it would stop
supercite from properly quoting the message with a "buffer is read-only"
error, and I *think* was the summary buffer but I can't remember but I
think it's related to today's problem.  I wasn't ever sure the problem
wasn't my own, so I haven't reported it until now.

Today (now 1b90ff07f0a40dac64331d4871045af1c681fc01) while trying to
save some articles to a file using c-o I got the exact same error.  It
*seems* that the error is triggering on the top line in a thread, but
not the sub-articles.  Don't quote me on that though as it's an
experiment with about 3 data points.

I'd try and find out where the errors are getting generated from, but
(setq debug-on-error t) doesn't seem to consider read-only violations as
errors, so I can't get a stack trace.  Anyone know how to accomplish
getting a stack trace for read-only errors?

--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/