* How to clean up ~/News if things are messed up.
@ 2009-09-28 20:12 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-09-28 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I wondered if I were to delete all messages under the agent but leave
the .overview and .agentview files in place... if gnus would think
things were hunky doory and just keep right on bringing in the new
messages .. or would the agent freak out and start downloading
everything again?

My problem is that I cannot run gnus-agent-expire.

I've asked about that in a different thread:
  Subject: Trouble with gnus-agent-expire

If I can get that problem resolved by the deletion described above
that is fine by me... I do have the messages archived somewhere else.

So, can anyone tell me what gnus will do if I delete all agentized
messages but leave the nov and .agentview in place?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-09-28 20:12 UTC | newest]