* Gnus renaming?
@ 2009-04-01 17:58 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-04-01 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

I think we should rename Gnus with the next version.  I am simply
embarassed to use that name in conversation and on my resume, it sounds
so... zoological.

"Sung" is a good name, or perhaps "Snug"--something to indicate the
harmony and tight coupling between all the components.

"Guns" is also good.  The project slogan can be "everyone gets it."

I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: Gnus renaming?
@ 2009-04-01 19:24 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2009-04-01 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I think we should rename Gnus with the next version.  I am simply
> embarassed to use that name in conversation and on my resume, it
> sounds so... zoological.

I don't want a renaming.

I'm kinda attached to the existing one.

But then... it's not on my resume, and I'm just a user.

* Re: Gnus renaming?
@ 2009-04-02  5:25   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2009-04-02  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> I think we should rename Gnus with the next version.  I am simply
>> embarassed to use that name in conversation and on my resume, it
>> sounds so... zoological.

> I don't want a renaming.

> I'm kinda attached to the existing one.

> But then... it's not on my resume, and I'm just a user.

Well... someone had to bite... and that someone was me. :-)

(I walked right into two such ones, with both feet, this year.  To my
defence, both happened in the afternoon when my alertness had gone)

* Re: Gnus renaming?
@ 2009-04-02  7:07     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2009-04-02  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 07:25:54 +0200, Steinar wrote:

>>> I think we should rename Gnus with the next version.  I am simply
>>> embarassed to use that name in conversation and on my resume, it
>>> sounds so... zoological.

>> I don't want a renaming.

[...]

> Well... someone had to bite... and that someone was me. :-)

Hehe, I almost bought it too - "zoological" sounded a little weird, and
then the suggestions for new names set the alarm bells off finally.

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "Boy, I love summer vacation.                                Adam Sjøgren
  I can feel my brain beginning to atrophy already."     asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Gnus renaming?
@ 2009-04-02  9:10     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-04-02  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 09:07:48 +0200 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> Hehe, I almost bought it too - "zoological" sounded a little weird, and
AS> then the suggestions for new names set the alarm bells off finally.

It was very hard to keep quiet :)  Happy April 1st!

Ted

* Re: Gnus renaming?
@ 2009-04-02  9:41       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2009-04-02  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> It was very hard to keep quiet :)  Happy April 1st!

:-)

* Re: Gnus renaming?
@ 2009-04-04 19:43         ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-04-04 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> It was very hard to keep quiet :)  Happy April 1st!
>
> :-)

(Possible New Name suggesion:

So was that an  April gnools