James Cloos writes: Hi James, > I see that some of the Received headers have continuation lines which > start with a space rather than a tab. > > I wonder whether that is confusing dovecot? > > An ngrep, tcpdump or wireshark/tshark dump of the imap port when > opening the folder containing that mail and when selecting that mail > in the *Summary* buffer might help debug it. Puh, I'll try that later, if the debug output doesn't help. > Also, try setting the nnimap-debug and imap-debug variables. Attached are the contents of the *imap-debug* and *nnimap-debug* buffers after entering the group and selecting the message. When I tried to save the contents of *imap-debug* to a file, emacs complained about characters that cannot be saved with my default coding system (utf-8?!?). ,---- | These default coding systems were tried to encode text | in the buffer `foo.txt': | (utf-8-unix (36999 . 1785198)) | However, each of them encountered characters it couldn't encode: | utf-8-unix cannot encode these: [] <-- I deleted it, so that gnus | doesn't complain while sending. | | Click on a character (or switch to this window by `C-x o' | and select the characters by RET) to jump to the place it appears, | where `C-u C-x =' will give information about it. | | Select one of the safe coding systems listed below, | or cancel the writing with C-g and edit the buffer | to remove or modify the problematic characters, | or specify any other coding system (and risk losing | the problematic characters). | | utf-8-emacs `---- M-x describe-char on that character says (Again I replaced the offending char with [] in this mail, so that gnus doesn't complain while sending.): ,---- | character: [] (1785198, #o6636556, #x1b3d6e) | preferred charset: emacs (Full Emacs characters) | code point: 0x1B3D6E | syntax: w which means: word | buffer code: #xF6 #xB3 #xB5 #xAE | file code: not encodable by coding system utf-8-unix | display: no font available | | Character code properties are not shown: customize what to show | | Here is a `help-xref' button labeled `[]'. | | | There are text properties here: | auto-composed t | button (t) | category help-xref-button | face link | help-args ("foo2.txt" 36999) | help-echo "mouse-2, RET: jump to this character" | help-function [Show] | | [back] `---- I saved the *imap-debug* as imap-debug.txt (raw-text encoding) and imap-debug2.txt (utf-8-emacs encoding).