From: jidanni@jidanni.org
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: mbox->nnml: mark E became just O
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 04:35:01 +0800	[thread overview]

>> I recently used one of the common methods mentioned for converting a
>> big mbox file into lots of individual nnml files.

>> I forgot what method that was (hitting some capital letters I recall,
>> not usually a happy memory), but I notice the mark "E", meaning expire
>> in one week, had now become just "O" in the new files.

KY> Gnus deletes the expirable marks from articles when copying or
KY> moving them to another group that is not configured as expirable.
KY> That ``a group is configured as expirable'' means that the
KY> `auto-expire' group parameter is set for the group or the group
KY> name matches the value of `gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups'.

Well all I know is that in the new group articles marked as E also go
away in a week, just like the old group I moved them from.

The net result of this bug is spam less than a week old from the old
group is has to be marked again as E by hand in the new group, or else
it won't go away like it would have in the old group.

So the "auto"expire assumption is wrong.