Hi, This patch has been waiting for No Gnus for months: it makes Message use narrowing to hide headers, by moving them to the very top of the message buffer, and narrowing to the region underneath. This approach will most probably be less fragile than the current one which uses the `invisible' text property. To make raw messages look less funky, I've also made it sort the headers before sending the message, maybe it's not 100% necessary, but it seemed cleaner this way. The proposed ChangeLog entry follows. (And I do have papers on file for Gnus.) 2004-01-11 Romain Francoise * message.el (message-header-format-alist): Add `From' in list so that it can be sorted. (message-hide-headers): Use narrowing to hide headers by moving them to the top of the buffer and narrowing to the region underneath. (message-fix-before-sending): Widen and sort headers before sending. (message-strip-forbidden-properties): Remove check for obsolete `message-hidden' text property, hidden headers are not accessible in the buffer anymore. -- Romain Francoise | Shine the headlight, straight it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | into my eyes.