* Would like to display part of body in subject in summary buffer
@ 2001-05-17  3:46 Georges KO
From: Georges KO @ 2001-05-17  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Hello,

    I would like to display some part of an article body in the
summary buffer.

    Everyday, I receive a lot of mail from a robot where the subject
    look like this :

Platform defect LONpl00033 was moved to state J by jpau

    and the body contains a line :

    What I would like is to see in the summary buffer:

R  [LONpl00033] Inconsistency between files window and Help content (was moved to state J by jpau)

    rather than:

R  [ 149:Robot       ] Platform defect LONpl00033 was moved to state J by jpau

    Problem is, I do not have the body in the parameter when in a
gnus-user-format-function-X...

    Thanks.
--
 Georges KO, Taipei, Taiwan              gko@gko.net                 2001-05-17

* Re: Would like to display part of body in subject in summary buffer
@ 2001-05-17  8:47 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-05-17  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Can you run procmail or somesuch to move the Summary line from the
body to the header for these messages?
kai
--
The passive voice should never be used.

* Re: Would like to display part of body in subject in summary buffer
@ 2001-05-17 12:49     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-05-17 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

There is Mailagent, a Perl script.  Maybe that runs under Windows.
Hm.

Or maybe Hamster can do this?  I think Hamster can fetch mail for you
and optionally munge it via an external program on the way.

kai
--

@ 2001-05-17 12:58   ` Georges KO
From: Georges KO @ 2001-05-17 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Can you run procmail or somesuch to move the Summary line from the
> body to the header for these messages?

    I don't know, I use NT Emacs... I'll take a look. It seems like a
good idea, as many of these messages are quite long so it would be
horrible when generating summary.

    Thanks for the clue.
--

@ 2001-05-17 13:03   ` Georges KO
From: Georges KO @ 2001-05-17 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Can you run procmail or somesuch to move the Summary line from the
> body to the header for these messages?

    Argh !

Q: Is there a Procmail for Windows NT?

A: No, and it's somewhat unlikely that anybody would undertake a
port. Read Bart Schaefer's excellent summary of the problems. Excerpt:
"I've seriously looked at porting it to NT, yes. The problems are
pretty severe."

    Any alternative, someone ?
--

@ 2001-05-17 13:19     ` Roland Mas
From: Roland Mas @ 2001-05-17 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Georges KO (2001-05-17 21:03:10 +0800) :

> Q: Is there a Procmail for Windows NT?
>
> A: No, and it's somewhat unlikely that anybody would undertake a
> port. Read Bart Schaefer's excellent summary of the problems. Excerpt:
> "I've seriously looked at porting it to NT, yes. The problems are
> pretty severe."
>
>     Any alternative, someone ?

Maybe get the mail to be processed by a procmail located on some other
system (like, on a Unix or Unix-like system ;-) and only then fetched
onto your NT box?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Oshitemo damedara, hiite mina.
  -- Proverbe japonais

* Re: Would like to display part of body in subject in summary buffer
@ 2001-05-18  7:05       ` Horst Winkler
From: Horst Winkler @ 2001-05-18  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

*  "Kai Großjohann" schrieb:

> Or maybe Hamster can do this?  I think Hamster can fetch mail for you
> and optionally munge it via an external program on the way.

Yes, Hamster & CopyIf will do what Georges want.

  Thomas G. Liesner
  http://home.knuut.de/tgl/
  Viele Infos zu Hamster und ein^H^H^Hdas Scriptarchiv von Michael
Gebert.
  http://home.t-online.de/home/micha-wr/hamster/scriptarchiv.htm
  Volkers Hamsterseiten
  http://www.volker-gringmuth.de/hamster

mfg Horst

--
> Ist etwas bekannt, dass der Server von T-Online down ist ?
Jaja, deren Modem is kaputt. Die können aber ers am Montach ein
neues kaufen, wenn Vobis wieder aufmacht. |Alfred Schreiber &          )
www.earlydream.de (für Hundefreunde)      |Youssarian in d.c.p.t-online)