* Minor glitch in topics
@ 2001-02-21 17:35 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2001-02-21 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

In topics, do a M-g on a "collapsed" topic. After checking for new
news is complete, the topic is expanded (although I'd think it should
not, at least in the case when there are no new news), *but*
apparently Gnus still kind of thinks that the topic is collapsed - (1)
the three dots after the topic name are still present, and (2)
pressing the collapse/expand toggle key (ENTER) on the topic the 1st
time removes the 3 dots, and keeps the topic expanded. Only a second
ENTER collapses the topic.

XEmacs 21.2  (beta44) "Thalia" [Lucid] (i686-pc-cygwin) of Mon Feb 19 2001 on LUCY
Oort Gnus v0.01

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Minor glitch in topics
@ 2001-02-21 20:28 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-21 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In topics, do a M-g on a "collapsed" topic. After checking for new
> news is complete, the topic is expanded (although I'd think it should
> not, at least in the case when there are no new news), *but*
> apparently Gnus still kind of thinks that the topic is collapsed - (1)
> the three dots after the topic name are still present, and (2)
> pressing the collapse/expand toggle key (ENTER) on the topic the 1st
> time removes the 3 dots, and keeps the topic expanded. Only a second
> ENTER collapses the topic.

Fixed.

ShengHuo

* Re: Minor glitch in topics
@ 2001-02-23 15:37   ` Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 2001-02-23 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In topics, do a M-g on a "collapsed" topic. After checking for new
> > news is complete, the topic is expanded (although I'd think it should
> > not, at least in the case when there are no new news), *but*
> > apparently Gnus still kind of thinks that the topic is collapsed - (1)
> > the three dots after the topic name are still present, and (2)
> > pressing the collapse/expand toggle key (ENTER) on the topic the 1st
> > time removes the 3 dots, and keeps the topic expanded. Only a second
> > ENTER collapses the topic.
>
> Fixed.

I cvs update'd this morning (23-Feb-2001), but it still happens - the
glitch I mean (I'm using Oort Gnus v0.01).

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Minor glitch in topics
@ 2001-02-25 15:19     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-25 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> wrote:
>
> > Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > In topics, do a M-g on a "collapsed" topic. After checking for new
> > > news is complete, the topic is expanded (although I'd think it should
> > > not, at least in the case when there are no new news), *but*
> > > apparently Gnus still kind of thinks that the topic is collapsed - (1)
> > > the three dots after the topic name are still present, and (2)
> > > pressing the collapse/expand toggle key (ENTER) on the topic the 1st
> > > time removes the 3 dots, and keeps the topic expanded. Only a second
> > > ENTER collapses the topic.
> >
> > Fixed.
>
> I cvs update'd this morning (23-Feb-2001), but it still happens - the
> glitch I mean (I'm using Oort Gnus v0.01).

This works for me, i.e. M-g doesn't change topic's visibility.

ShengHuo