From: Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Mails not sent / not not appear in nnfolder+sent
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 01:52:36 +0100	[thread overview]

Felix Natter wrote:

> hello Gnus experts

Hardly, but looks cool by now B)

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/figures/gnus/gnus-gmane.png

> Here is my Gcc config:
>
> ;; archiving sent mail/news:
> (setq gnus-message-archive-method
>       '(nnfolder "sent"
>                  (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)
>                  (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/sent/")
>                  (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/sent/active")))
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>       '((if (message-news-p)
>             "sent-news"
>           (concat "sent-mail." (format-time-string
> "%Y-%m")))))

I just have `gnus-message-archive-method' the default
"archive" and `gnus-message-archive-group' set like this:

  (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnml:mail.sent")

I see what you try to do with different groups for news and
mails, and different mail groups even, but since that
information is in the headers of the sent material you can
already sort and display based on such factors, so that's
another alternative if you didn't consider.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal