From: reader <hput3@fastmail.fm>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: gnus quit slurping mbox files with special [.in] suffix
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 21:46:49 -0400	[thread overview]

Running a version from git pull 1 hour ago

Using procmail to sort mail into mbox filenames ending *.in and have
been for more than 2 yrs.

Up until several months ago:
When I start gnus or when I press `g' gnus looks for those files and
slurps them into nnml groups by the same name

Gnus began ignoring them some mnths ago and I've finally got time to
try to correct that

the appropriate section from .gnus (And I can't swear to it but I
don't recall making any changes there anytime recently)

and even if I did this looks correct compared to what I found in the
manual a bit ago.

(setq mail-sources
      '((file :path "/var/spool/mail/reader")
        (directory :path "/spool/in/"
                   :suffix ".in")))

In case anyone wonders... you see /spoo/ is at root (/) but the spool
directory and its contents has owner:group of my user.  The list of
mbox files in there all end `.in' and are chmod 600.