From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: howto have nnimap setup for smtp out
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 10:21:45 -0500	[thread overview]

emacs-version 28

Been using several nnimap entries similar to this one.
From .gnus

   (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
   	     '(nnimap "hputnam3"
                         (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")))

I had heavy duty idiotic accident involving losing my hosts I normally
use for mail.

I'm having a heck of a time getting a mail server setup. Started with
sendmail but never got it to work, then switched to postfix and still
have not gotten a working setup.

Consequently if I try to send a message using the nnimap groups
It tries to go out with a non existent mail server and fails.

How can I make any messages I create in nnimap groups go out to gmails
smtp servers?

I mean is there code I can add to my nnimap entries that will send any
messages direct to gmail servers?  Maybe something like the smtp code
people use on windows with gnus or the like.

Does anyone have such a thing in nnimap use?

I've never been more than a hideously poor elisp coder so will need to
see some kind of examples I can hack up for my use if possible.