asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes: > Sharon writes: > >>> Sharon writes: > >>>> "nnfolder+archive:sent.2014-12" > >> Thanks Adam, that would work, except I want to keep them in the >> monthly folders. > > Why do you need to change anything, then? > > If the folders are named as you wrote previously, then next year you > will get nnfolder+archive:send.2015-01, right? > > I don't think I understand what you are trying to achieve. What I'm looking to create is a folder for 2014, which contains 12 other folders each relating to its month of the year, and holding all the emails and newsgroups postings out for that month. Then it appears in my gnus tree that I have monthly folders of outgoing for 2015, and one big folder of 2014, which, when you look inside has 12 separate folders corresponding to each month of the year. > >> easier to search through them for a particular post if they remained >> in their monthly folders, so is it just a matter of renaming the >> folders, and then cut and pasting them into one for 2014? > > Are you looking for Group Topics? I.e. grouping of folders? > > See: http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_34.html#SEC34 > I had a look at "group topics" but that doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.1.0