* How to visit thread that corresponds to an entry in the summary mode?
@ 2014-08-09 22:32 jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-08-09 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello:

How do go to the thread that corresponds to an article in the summary
mode, "sent" folder lets say. Or "draft" folder and so on?

Thanks in advance for your kind help and time.
Jenia

* Re: How to visit thread that corresponds to an entry in the summary mode?
@ 2014-08-10  3:01 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-08-10  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:

> Hello:
>
> How do go to the thread that corresponds to an article in the summary
> mode, "sent" folder lets say. Or "draft" folder and so on?
>
> Thanks in advance for your kind help and time.
> Jenia

You mean you have a group name, and a message-id, and you want to open a
*Summary* buffer displaying the entire thread of which that message is a
part? Or are you already on a message in the summary buffer, and you
just want to show the whole thread?

"A T" on a message in the summary buffer will show its whole thread.

If you meant the latter, a bit like this would probably do it:

(progn
  (gnus-select-group-with-message-id GROUP MESSAGE-ID)
  (gnus-summary-refer-thread))

What you do with that bit depends on how you're planning to use it.

HTH,
Eric

* Re: How to visit thread that corresponds to an entry in the summary mode?
@ 2014-08-16  0:13   ` jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-08-16  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I send the last message to Eric personally by accident.

So what happened is that I can't visit the thread to which a message in
the archive group corresponds. Even when I press A T on that message or
use the mouse or anything else.

So Eric explained to me that I need is make a virtual group to include my
inbox-group and sent-group lets say.

What confuses me a little is, how can I include all the groups to this
virtual group? I mean lets say I post messages in 20 groups, so ill need
to include the 20 groups plus the archive-group in that virtual group?
And the pressing A T on a message in the archive-group will send me to
the thread in that virtual group? Is that the idea basically?

If so, can someone please tell me how did they make their own virtual
groups for this purporse?

Thanks in advance.

@ 2014-08-16 11:05     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-08-16 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:

> If so, can someone please tell me how did they make their own virtual
> groups for this purporse?

What did you try?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Og vi? Vi bliver bare dummere og dummere. Og lige           Adam Sjøgren
  pludselig tror vi at alle der ikke ligner Bengt Burg   asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: How to visit thread that corresponds to an entry in the summary mode?
@ 2014-09-13  1:09       ` jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-09-13  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I tried ^ in the sent folder. It tells me "No reference
in article x" or "cant find article some-cryptic-id".

* Re: How to visit thread that corresponds to an entry in the summary mode?
@ 2014-09-13  2:35         ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-09-13  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jenia.ivlev@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:

> I tried ^ in the sent folder. It tells me "No reference
> in article x" or "cant find article some-cryptic-id".

You're right, I just tried it in a virtual group, and it failed to pull
up messages that I know were originally collected in the virtual group.
Sorry for the bad advice! I'm not quite sure what you'd do in this case,
besides waiting for someone to patch virtual groups...

* Re: How to visit thread that corresponds to an entry in the summary mode?
@ 2014-09-13 16:17           ` jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2014-09-13 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me, what do you do to avoid the defect?
Maybe I can change my work-flow? Do you collect your sent messages in
another folder besides the "nnfolder+archive:sent.2014-09"?
Maybe I can do that to avoid the problems I'm seeing?