On Tuesday, 9 Sep 2014 at 09:02, Rainer M Krug wrote: > Les Harris writes: > >> Sharon Kimble writes: >> >>> Is it possible to reset all of gnus back to its default settings please? >>> If so, how? If you have used emacs' own customisation methods, the customised variables will be in the file specified by custom-file. If you have not changed this variable, and hence is nil (the default), the customisations will be in your user-init-file which is ~/.emacs, again by default. In whichever file is used, you will see emacs lisp which starts: (custom-set-variables ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom. you can delete any line you wish to remove the customisation. You can also use "M-x customize-group RET gnus RET" to look at all the variables. Each one can be reset to the default value. As Rainer does, I also avoid using this approach and set my variables directly in my .gnus.el file so that I have everything in one place. -- : Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D : in Emacs 24.4.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.12 + evil-git-fcf84b5 : BBDB version 3.1.2 (2014-04-27 15:05:20 -0500)