Eric S Fraga writes: > On Wednesday, 23 Apr 2014 at 01:14, Sharon Kimble wrote: >> Eric S Fraga writes: >> >>> On Sunday, 20 Apr 2014 at 12:01, Sharon Kimble wrote: >>> >>> [...] >>> >>>> Unfortunately mine isn't working like that, you get the prompt, and a >>>> "double-n" just dumps you back at the "Group" message buffer, where you have >>>> to manually choose the next group to be read. >>> >>> What is "n" bound to? I.e. what does C-h c n tell you? In my case, >>> it's bound to gnus-summary-next-unread-article. >> Thanks for this, didn't see it until just now. >> >> I've just checked and its bound to "n runs the command self-insert-command", >> which is obviously why 'n' isn't working like it should. How then do I change >> it? > > What buffer were you in when you checked? self-insert-command makes > sense for any editing buffer but not for gnus summary or article > buffers. I think that it was either scratch or message, so I'll try again. "n runs the command gnus-summary-next-unread-article" from the summary buffer, and "n runs the command gnus-article-read-summary-keys" from the article buffer, and "n runs the command gnus-group-next-unread-group" from the group buffer. Is that right? I can "n" until the last message, and then a double "n" just closes the buffer but does not progress to the next unread message in some further group. Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.50.10