From: Andrew Cohen <cohen@bu.edu>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Referring threads seems inconsistent...
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 10:22:59 -0500	[thread overview]

    Matt> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
    >> It's not clear to me what you want to have happen.  >"?
    >>
    >> Does `gnus-fetch-old-headers' do what you expect?

    Matt> Upon first entering a group with unread or flagged messages
    Matt> then running A T on one of these messages does not pull in the
    Matt> rest of the thread.

    Matt> A T only seems to works if the whole group is loaded first or
    Matt> if all older messages are pulled in with / o.  But this kinda
    Matt> defeats the purpose.

Seems to work fine for me. Some questions:

1. Is this an nnimap back end (you said this in your first message but I
   just want to be sure:))?

2. What imap server are you using? What version of gnus?

3. Are the articles in the thread in the same group, or are they coming
   from different groups?

4. What is the value of gnus-refer-thread-use-nnir?