* Mass removal of unused Gnus functions
@ 2012-07-25  6:40 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-07-25  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Julien Danjou

Hi Julien,

your commit 992509a3574f9add376cc480db9bb5656285bd5b removed lots of
dead code, but at least `gnus-kill-sticky-article-buffers' was not as
dead as you've suspected.

It is a user frontend function that's also documented in the manual.
It's never called internally, and it's not even bound to a key because
it's not really connected to any gnus mode.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Mass removal of unused Gnus functions
@ 2012-07-25 12:02 ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2012-07-25 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: ding

On Wed, Jul 25 2012, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Tassilo,

> your commit 992509a3574f9add376cc480db9bb5656285bd5b removed lots of
> dead code, but at least `gnus-kill-sticky-article-buffers' was not as
> dead as you've suspected.
>
> It is a user frontend function that's also documented in the manual.
> It's never called internally, and it's not even bound to a key because
> it's not really connected to any gnus mode.

Good catch. I was sure there would be one or two mistakes in the whole
patch, but I think it was worth it anyway, and was ready to respond to
my mistake! ;)

I restored the function, thank for notifying me, and sorry for
disturbing. :)

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker & freelance

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: Mass removal of unused Gnus functions
@ 2012-07-25 12:21   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2012-07-25 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> writes:

>> your commit 992509a3574f9add376cc480db9bb5656285bd5b removed lots of
>> dead code, but at least `gnus-kill-sticky-article-buffers' was not as
>> dead as you've suspected.
>>
>> It is a user frontend function that's also documented in the manual.
>> It's never called internally, and it's not even bound to a key
>> because it's not really connected to any gnus mode.
>
> Good catch. I was sure there would be one or two mistakes in the whole
> patch, but I think it was worth it anyway, and was ready to respond to
> my mistake! ;)

Yes, sure, removing cruft is almost always a good thing.  And one false
positive in more than a dozen functions is not so bad.

> I restored the function, thank for notifying me, and sorry for
> disturbing. :)

No problem.

@ 2012-09-04 22:49     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-09-04 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Yes, sure, removing cruft is almost always a good thing.

Yes, Julien, thanks for doing this.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Emacs