* automatically set expiry mark
@ 2011-12-21 13:49 Carson Chittom
From: Carson Chittom @ 2011-12-21 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dear Gnusians,

For various boring reasons I won't get into, sometimes I use Gnus (via
nnimap) to read my mail from our Exchange server, and sometimes I use
Outlook.  Outlook starts to slow down immensely if my Inbox gets too
large, so I regularly move old messages to an archive folder.

In my ~/.gnus.el, I've got

;; Make expired messages go to Archive folder
(setq nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+MSPB:Archive")

so I just manually mark older messages as expired.

What I'd like to do is automatically mark read messages in my Inbox as
expired, so I don't periodically have to go through and mark, say, a
hundred of them manually.  Is this possible?  I looked in the manual at
what seemed likely in the index, but nothing popped out at me.