From: Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: getting nndiary to work
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 19:42:17 +0200	[thread overview]

> the idea is that the "diary behavior" should not depend on any backend
> at all. Ideally, you want any article to behave in a diary-fashion, so
> you add the proper set of extra headers[1] to the article and then, it
> pops up as new from time to time, according to your reminder settings,
> whether it be from nnml, gmail, nntp, whatever.

I guess that what one would want is something that is synchronized with
other calendar-ish things, ie. org-mode, emacs diary, remote calendar
servers...?

A mail backend where one can easily create appointments, and receive
notifications, and all of the created appointments go into the other
calendaring stuff, and events in the other calendaring stuff causes
messages to appear in this backend.

Or something...?