* attachment options?
@ 2010-09-17  8:30 Eric Abrahamsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2010-09-17  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I have a Kindle 3, and you can email yourself documents at a kindle
email address to have them converted into a readable format and then
delivered to the Kindle wirelessly. I've found that attaching Word docs
to messages and sending them from gnus doesn't work: Amazon bounces me a
message saying there was no attachment on the email. The same message
with the same file sent from gmail's web interface works.

I am attaching the file to the gnus message with all the defaults:
Content type is application/msword and disposition is attachment. As far
as I know those are the correct settings for a plain vanilla file
attachment. Amazon's error message doesn't say anything beyond "no
file", does anyone know of any alternate attachment methods I could use,
or other settings to tweak, to make these attachments more attachment-y?

Any advice appreciated,

Eric