* Weird results with nnir and IMAP SEARCH
@ 2009-04-13 10:18 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2009-04-13 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

basically I'm quite satisfied with nnir as interface to do imap
searches, and the results looked quite right till now.  But now I
discovered one query, which returns very strange results:

  G G Nicole Reinbach RET

on one of my accounts INBOXes opens an nnir summary with 128 messages.
The first 35 are empty.  The rest contains some messages which match the
query, but most of them don't.

I tried to do the same query with telnet to check if I have to blame
dovecot or nnir/Gnus, and there the query returns only three results
(which is the correct number).

% telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Dovecot ready.
a login uni XXXXXXXXXX
a OK Logged in.
b select INBOX
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft gnus-expire KMAILFORWARDED KMAILTODO KMAILWATCHED KMAILIGNORED $FORWARDED $TODO $WATCHED $IGNORED gnus-forward gnus-save)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft gnus-expire KMAILFORWARDED KMAILTODO KMAILWATCHED KMAILIGNORED $FORWARDED $TODO $WATCHED $IGNORED gnus-forward gnus-save \*)] Flags permitted.
* 1485 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1213252650] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 2373] Predicted next UID
b OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.
d search text "Nicole Reinbach"
* SEARCH 739 740 744
d OK Search completed (0.022 secs).

I tried various other searches (first name / last name) on this folder,
but the results always look plausible...

Bye,
Tassilo

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-04-13 10:18 UTC | newest]