* Lying article buffer scroll bar
@ 2008-10-12 17:20 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2008-10-12 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

If an article is just a single page, or a little over, the scroll bar in
the article buffer indicates a much larger article.

If I use SPC to move down the article, I often end up skipping to the
next unread article without wanting to.

For large articles, the scroll bar seems to be correct, so that the
behaviour I get from hitting SPC, is what I expect?

Is there a remedy?  Is there a way to make the scroll bare work
correctly for small articles?  (hm... this could possibly be articles
with both an HTML and plain text version...?  I haven't checked, but the
idea just struck me)

Another remedy could be needing an extra SPC to skip to the next
article, and flagging the last one before skipping in the mini buffer.
Any way of doing that?

Or... is there a way of stopping SPC from skipping to the next article
when reaching the end of the current?  (and how inconvenient and
unexpected would that behaviour be...?)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-10-12 17:20 UTC | newest]