The underscored line is the dangling article. The three articles immediately below this have negative numbers; here is a schematic showing the article numbers: a. ( 23) M Harris: 215508 b. ( 46) M Harris: -3 c. ( 51) G T Smith: -2 d. ( 23) M Harris: -1 e. ( 23) M Harris: 215508 Line a is the dangling article, lines d and e are its other occurrences. When I again typed RET or `n' on line a, nothing happened. When I typed RET or `n' on line e, the cursor jumped to line a. After doing this I quit the group with `Q' and then reentered it again. Now the threading was no longer fragmented, but different: