* pgg in gnus
@ 2006-09-12 21:41 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2006-09-12 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

As you know, I normally merge all changes from the gnus 5.10 branch into
the gnus trunk.  However, pgg is a constant problem -- I dropped the
last two changes to pgg, because I couldn't figure out how to merge
them.  Almost every pgg change these days seems to have the same
problem, touching lots of code that is completely different in the two
branches.

So, I can see two options:

  (1) Somebody else takes over the job of making sure any necessary pgg
      changes from 5.10 (which includes changes merged from Emacs) are
      included in the gnus trunk.

  (2) We revert pgg in the gnus trunk to the version in gnus 5.10, as
      suggested (or at least implied) recently by the pgg author Daiki
      Ueno.

As pgg is apparently something of a lame duck, and is a security related
package, (2) seems like it may be the most expedient method.

[There's potentially also (3), of course, which is to move the gnus
trunk version to 5.10, but as I recall, Richard doesn't want those
changes in Emacs right now, and the 5.10 branch should be the same as
the Emacs sources.]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'