* gen goto-address-at-point: jump to msg in gnus group: Msg-Id;
@ 2005-10-19 11:29 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-10-19 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: xemacs-beta

Hello

Would it be possible to generalise the goto-address-at-point, such
that it would be possible to jump to a certain message --which is
uniquely determined by its Message-Id-- from some buffer outside gnus?

I know that using mouse-2 with in gnus that is possible under certain
circumstances.

The reason why I am asking this is the following: I have written 2
functions, which insert the author and the subject of a given message
either in my todo file (I am using here Oliver Seidels todo-mode.el)
or in my diary file, in order to remind me which mail I have to
answer.

Now I could also insert the Message-Id and if I had a navigation tool
as described above, I could jump to the message I would like to reply
to.

Does anybody has an idea? I know about nntodo.el but for me that looks
like just copying the message I have to reply to a special group.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: gen goto-address-at-point: jump to msg in gnus group: Msg-Id;
@ 2005-10-19 19:21 ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-10-19 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    > Hello
    > Would it be possible to generalise the goto-address-at-point, such
    > that it would be possible to jump to a certain message --which is
    > uniquely determined by its Message-Id-- from some buffer outside gnus?

It seems that gnus-article-refer-article comes close to what I want.
However I should know the name of the group.
How can I extract the name of the group from gnus-current-headers, the
way mail-header-subject does it:
(mail-header-subject gnus-current-headers)

@ 2005-10-19 19:58 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2005-10-19 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Would it be possible to generalise the goto-address-at-point, such
> that it would be possible to jump to a certain message --which is
> uniquely determined by its Message-Id-- from some buffer outside gnus?

I suspect that you'll find something useful in url-news.el (included
with cvs Emacs).