* gnus from kde
@ 2005-04-01 15:38 Sebastian Luque
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2005-04-01 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Copying email addresses from kde (3.3.2) applications and pasting them
back into gnus to send messages has become tiresome, but I have trouble
telling kde to use gnus when clicking on those links with the mailto tag.
I guess emacsclient should be able to pick up the call and send it to gnus
to set things up. I know the command must be specified in the Component
Chooser tab of the Control Panel, but don't know what command needs to be
supplied. I've read (info "(emacs)Emacs Server"), but that refers only to
calls that use the EDITOR variable. Has somebody attempted setting this up
in KDE?

Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic for the list, but I doubt other forums
would know how to specify such a line in Component Chooser for gnus.

My system details:

- GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
  2005-03-17 on trouble, modified by Debian

- Gnus v5.10.7

- KDE 3.3.2

Thanks in advance,
--
Sebastian P. Luque

* Re: gnus from kde
@ 2005-04-05 19:51 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2005-04-05 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:38:43 -0600, Sebastian wrote:

> Copying email addresses from kde (3.3.2) applications and pasting
> them back into gnus to send messages has become tiresome

I use mozmail.el for this. You can find it on my.gnus.org via Search.

(I use Gnome, but KDE probably has something similar to "Desktop
Preferences/Advanced/Preferred Applications/Mail Reader/Custom Mail
Reader", Command: "/usr/local/bin/mozmail.sh %s")

  Best regards,

--
 "Even if you don't have all the things you want, be          Adam Sjøgren
  grateful for the things you don't have that you        asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: gnus from kde
@ 2005-04-05 21:18   ` Sebastian Luque
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2005-04-05 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

[...]

> I use mozmail.el for this. You can find it on my.gnus.org via Search.

Thanks, the link to download the file doesn't seem to work though:

http://my.gnus.org/node/254

Googling for that file name didn't give any alternatives. Is there some
other place where it can be obtained?

Thank you,
--
Sebastian P. Luque

* Re: gnus from kde
@ 2005-04-05 21:30     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2005-04-05 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:18:20 -0500, Sebastian wrote:

> Thanks, the link to download the file doesn't seem to work though:

> http://my.gnus.org/node/254

Oh, yeah.

> Googling for that file name didn't give any alternatives. Is there
> some other place where it can be obtained?

I think it is included in XEmacs (in net-utils)?

 $ locate mozmail.el
 /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages/lisp/net-utils/mozmail.el.gz
 /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages/lisp/net-utils/mozmail.elc
 $

  Best regards,