Hi, The attached patch has some changes for the S/MIME handling i Gnus (inncluding the changes in the patch I posted four days ago). From the ChangeLog: * smime.el (smime-ldap-host-list): Doc fix. (smime-ask-passphrase): Use `password-read-and-add' to read (and cache) password. (smime-sign-region): Use it. (smime-decrypt-region): Use it. (smime-sign-buffer): Signal an error if `smime-sign-region' fails. (smime-encrypt-buffer): Signal an error if `smime-encrypt-region' fails. (smime-cert-by-ldap-1): Use `base64-encode-string' to convert certificate from DER to PEM format rather than calling openssl. * mml-smime.el (mml-smime-encrypt-query): Remove obsolete comment. * mml-sec.el (mml-secure-message): Insert keyfile/certfile tags for signing/encryption. * mml.el (mml-parse-1): Use them. The changes to mml-sec.el and mml.el makes "S/MIME Sign" and "S/MIME Encrypt" work like "S/MIME Sign Part" and "S/MIME Encrypt Part" (it will fetch the certificates). Maybe that will be removed later if we/I postpone this until we send the message (as discussed ealier). Kind regards, -- Arne Jørgensen