From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net>
Subject: Re: Palm and Gnus
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:15:07 +1000	[thread overview]

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Ian Swainson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've had no response to queries about syncing Gnus and the Palm, so
> I'm going to have a go at writing something to do it myself. I'd be
> grateful if someone could answer a couple of questions about the Gnus
> side of things.

Sorry, I was going to reply and got distracted. Your best bet for
getting this working is probably going to be:

1. Instally an IMAP server on your machine (Cyrus or Courier, not
   UW-IMAP).
2. Migrate your existing groups into IMAP.
3. Configure Gnus to talk to the IMAP server.
4. Use an IMAP client on the Palm device to work with the mail.

That way you get the disconnected operation and the syncing and
everything done for you with a solution that others maintain (IMAP),
rather than writing it yourself.

       Daniel

--
As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and I
thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life -- so I became a scientist.