From: Hannu Koivisto <azure@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: vCalendar/iCalendar support for Gnus?
Date: 03 Jan 2001 17:01:27 +0200	[thread overview]

Jaap-Henk Hoepman <hoepman@cs.utwente.nl> writes:

[FWIW, since no one seems to be working on this, I'm going to at
least start reading iCalendar RFCs.]

[I don't want copies of list mail.  Let's see if Mail-Followup-To
will help.]

| I really would love this too (not necessarily within gnus though). Problem is

This "within <xyz>" issue is something I need to get back to.
First those RFCs, though, so that I can see what kind of
functionality will be involved.  Gnus will probably be just one way
to get requests from mails, send replies etc. with some keybinding
sugar for this in some nnml-derived group or something.

| that IMAP appears not to be enough to access the calender and contact items

First of all, for my purpose the Exchange server needs not be
involved at all.  That is, a system that lets me to keep the
calendar data on Emacs-based software is enough --- I don't need to
(or rather: I don't want to) access it from Exchange too.  Of
course, sharing calendar stuff with Exchange might be a cool
addition for some users, but it's something that probably someone
else needs to take a look at, though I don't think there's much to
look at --- at least...

| stored on the Exchange server. You can get the subjects, but not the date and
| time of the appointment. Apparantly MAPI is needed to access these other

...I can get those (well, I don't know about contact items).

Oh, I haven't tested and I don't really care about anything older
than Exchange 2000 (I recall older Exchanges work in a different
way and I think MAPI or some even less documented, hopeless
thingamajig was indeed involved).  Perhaps you think of some older
Exchange?

--
Hannu