* Bug in pgnus 0.36
@ 1998-10-22 16:43 Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-10-22 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when I try to display the article 'one more bug' from Vladimir Volovich
my pgnus stands and i have to kill it. Then when I restart xemacs pgnus
automatically starts again. I don't know if this bug is particular to
the new xemacs or to pgnus 0.36, so I post this report here. Somebody
else has reported this problem to xemacs-beta so the developers of
xemacs are also informed.

Christian
--
M$: Our software of tommorrow will make sure that on your
hardware of tomorrow everything will work at the usual speed. ;-)

* Re: Bug in pgnus 0.36
@ 1998-10-22 20:05 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1998-10-22 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

CK> when I try to display the article 'one more bug' from Vladimir
CK> Volovich my pgnus stands and i have to kill it. Then when I
CK> restart xemacs pgnus automatically starts again. I don't know if
CK> this bug is particular to the new xemacs or to pgnus 0.36, so I
CK> post this report here. Somebody else has reported this problem to
CK> xemacs-beta so the developers of xemacs are also informed.

This bug and the another bug reported by Vladimir Volovich are only
particular to pgnus 0.36, since Lars changed mime handles structure
in 0.36. Am I right, Lars?

--
Shenghuo

* Re: Bug in pgnus 0.36
@ 1998-10-23  8:01 ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 1998-10-23  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> when I try to display the article 'one more bug' from Vladimir Volovich
> my pgnus stands and i have to kill it.

	Lucky you. My XEmacs crashes and I have to restart it :-)

--
    /     /   _   _       Didier Verna        http://www.inf.enst.fr/~verna/
 - / / - / / /_/ /      E.N.S.T. INF C201.1      mailto:verna@inf.enst.fr

* Re: Bug in pgnus 0.36
@ 1998-10-23 16:16   ` Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-10-23 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Didier Verna <verna@inf.enst.fr> wrote:

> Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:
>
> > when I try to display the article 'one more bug' from Vladimir Volovich
> > my pgnus stands and i have to kill it.
>
> 	Lucky you. My XEmacs crashes and I have to restart it :-)

Thats the same here, but on the first try yesterday my xemacs restarted
automatically after I killed it. At the second try I had to restart
xemacs myself, but then gnus was automatically loaded. So I hope that we
will find a solution to this problem fast.

Christian
--

@ 1998-10-30  6:31   ` Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1998-10-30  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Christian> when I try to display the article 'one more bug' from
    Christian> Vladimir Volovich my pgnus stands and i have to kill
    Christian> it.

    dv> Lucky you. My XEmacs crashes and I have to restart it :-)

This bug instantly crashed my xemacs once.  Further tries sent it into
an spin that couldn't be C-g'd.  My particulars:

XEmacs 21.0 "Norwegian" [Lucid] (i386-pc-solaris2.7, Mule) of Wed Sep 16 1998 on auckland
PGnus 0.33

Matt

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
      They told me it would disrupt my life less if I got killed sooner.

* Re: Bug in pgnus 0.36
@ 1998-10-30 17:58     ` Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-10-30 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt Simmons <simmonmt@acm.org> wrote:

>     Christian> when I try to display the article 'one more bug' from
>     Christian> Vladimir Volovich my pgnus stands and i have to kill
>     Christian> it.
>
>     dv> Lucky you. My XEmacs crashes and I have to restart it :-)
>
> This bug instantly crashed my xemacs once.  Further tries sent it into
> an spin that couldn't be C-g'd.  My particulars:

You should upgrade pgnus because the bug is fixed in the new versions.

Christian