* Retrieve old POP Mails
@ 2022-05-13  1:07 Jai Vetrivelan
From: Jai Vetrivelan @ 2022-05-13  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

This is my gnus configuration:
┌────
│ (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml ""))
│ (setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.gmail.com" :user "jaivetrivelan@gmail.com" :port 995)))
└────

I accidentally deleted the ~/Mail directory, and I can no longer read
the older messages. (New messages come up normally)

How do I re-fetch the older messages that they are written to ~/Mail
again? Thanks.

--
Jai Vetrivelan

* Re: Retrieve old POP Mails
@ 2022-05-14  8:57 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2022-05-14  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Friday, 13 May 2022 at 06:37, Jai Vetrivelan wrote:
> How do I re-fetch the older messages that they are written to ~/Mail
> again? Thanks.

I do not think you can using gnus as pop retrieval will have "deleted"
them from the INBOX.  I put deleted in quotes because gmail doesn't
quite follow the normal procedure.  So it is likely that the emails are
still there in gmail but without the "inbox" tag.  You will need to go
into gmail through the web, say, and tag all those emails that you want
so that they are in the inbox.

Alternatively, you could access your gmail using imap instead of pop in
which case you should be able to download emails from any of the
"groups" in gmail.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-05-10) on Debian 11.3